Asda Money website: from new market entrant to major player
Working for over 10 years with ASDA, one of the UK’s largest supermarket chains, we designed and developed several high-performance websites for their Asda Financial Services subsidiary.
The brief was to capitalise on the brand value proposition to make their products stand out in a busy and competitive marketplace, while demonstrating credibility and trust.
Design and build a website to show off ASDA Money's products
The challenge included increasing website traffic in a competitive market that consists of a large number of highly-optimised comparison sites.
Asda needed to make sure that new customer acquisition was cost-effective across all 12 value-based financial services products; from savings, to credit cards, loans and insurance.
Used UI design to highlight the value-based benefits of each product, building a highly-functional website
We helped ASDA successfully launch their products and rapidly acquire visibility and market share by:
- Incorporating the Asda personality into the design to build trust
- Demonstrating credibility via personal testimonials
- Ensuring that the design clearly communicated the value-based benefits of each of their products
- Working closely with Asda’s internal team, and underwriters, to test and refine the messages in all calls to action
- Using a combination of heat mapping, visual website optimiser (VWO) software and sequential A/B tests to continually improve the UX, conversion and sign-up journeys
- Using agile methodologies to deliver a fast and highly functional website
- Building out a fully integrated eCRM solution that included email
- Working efficiently in a highly regulated, Financial Services Compliance environment.
Throughout our 10-year relationship with Asda Financial Services, we designed, developed and iterated multiple websites: always on budget, always on time.
ASDA became one of the leading providers of value-based financial services products
Over a 2 year period Asda Financial Services became one of the UK’s leading providers of value-based financial services products.