A brand new site for Upshot to showcase their state of the art performance monitoring software
Upshot is an online management system developed by the Football Foundation. It enables organisations across the charity sector to efficiently manage their data, improve performance, track progress, and report against outcomes - all with the aim of evaluating their impact.
Bolser were appointed by Upshot to design and develop their new website. The key goals were to create a slick customer journey, to increase lead generation and raise awareness of the Upshot management system.
increase in new users
accessibility index score
increase in leads generated
Design and build a best-in-class lead generation website in 8 weeks.
After delivering a brand new website for the Football Foundation, our team were tasked with applying the digital brand refresh to a new website to help increase usage of the Upshot system.
The Upshot team wanted their new website to:
- Attract new customers by increasing organic visibility in search
- Provide potential customers with all the information they need to use the system
- Highlight testimonials of organisations using the system
- Improve the customer journey to increase website lead generation
- Showcase what Upshot software does and how integral it is to a wide variety of organisations
- Highlight that they are a member of The Football Foundation family
- Improve WCAG accessibility standards to AA
- Increase the ‘fun factor’ on the website with better imagery and iconography
We built a cost effective new website using Drupal development architecture.
The Upshot team had a fixed budget and tight deadline.
By utilising the Football Foundation design system and development architecture, we were able to quickly scale from wireframes, to high fidelity designs and the development of templated pages. This enabled us to deliver the project within the agreed timings and budget.
The Football Foundation brand colours and typography were incorporated into the new Upshot site with further design enhancements to reflect the Upshot brand identity and values.
The use of the Drupal platform throughout this development was integral to our success. Using a templated, block based approach to the creation of the web pages allowed us to build on the components used on the Football Foundation project.
Drupal also provides a user friendly CMS which is great for further changes and updates to keep content on the site as fresh as possible.
A high performing website and a significant increase in new users and leads generated.
It was important that Upshot improved their discoverability through search. SEO best practices were put in place to attract new users to the website via relevant content, metadata and quality development. These changes together with the redesign of the site and the customer journey resulted in a uplift in all site metrics, including new users and leads generated.
- 600% increase in leads generated
- 200% increase in new users
- 27% increase in unique page views
- 116% increase in time spent on a page
- 100/100 accessibility score
- SEO score increased to 92/100