What we did
Created a unique, immersive user experience
We started with comprehensive Gen Z target audience research to define the strategy for the application. Priorities were:
- Rich and immersive personalised content
- Recognisable UX design patterns for Gen Z
- Streaming and static video content in a snackable format
- Best in class mobile experience, primary device
- Live streaming ‘event’ experience for game and console launches
Extensive research was also conducted with global retailers to ensure smooth implementation on their websites and compliance with all their different accessibility, security, legal and performance requirements.
Our team then designed and built an initial working prototype that we have continually refined and enhanced over several years. This is a unique app in the marketplace with functionality that surpasses all expectations. Key features being:
- It enables users to explore a carousel of up to 100 curated livestream gaming videos or game launches via Twitch, YouTube or Facebook.
- Alongside video content, the app has an augmented reality, 3D modelled view to bring consoles and accessories to life.
- Groundbreaking Azure AI supports 17 different languages.
- Azure Speech-to-Text to text video close captioning for accessibility
- A custom CMS means the XiS team can update content and set parameters by region.
- Integrated reporting enables data driven decision-making for future enhancements and alignment with retailer reporting.