Head of Design (Maternity cover)
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Design to cover one year’s maternity leave, starting at the end of March. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced digital designer to lead our talented design team in the creation of digital products, propositions and experiences for some of the world’s biggest brands.
At Bolser we specialise in digital marketing, delivering exceptional work for global clients such as Xbox, Microsoft, The Football Foundation and AIG. The role will be based out of our Leeds office but we are currently working remotely.
As the Head of Design you will:
- Manage a team of 3 digital designers and be responsible for resource planning, team catch ups, inspiring the team and keeping a positive culture.
- Provide creative direction to the design team, advising on design/creative across all projects, initiating creative brainstorms and the formation of creative solutions.
- Produce high quality designs and lead by example.
- Be responsible for the quality of the creative output of the agency and maintaining the current excellent standard.
- Have an overview of all projects to understand priorities and help with longer term thinking and planning.
- Support projects through the full lifecycle, from brief and pitch to usability and build.
- Support the senior management team by leading on the creative for new business proposals and pitches.
- Encourage design led thinking across the business, liaising with management and other department heads.
- Provide accurate quotes and ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief.
- Be the creative face of the agency, supporting senior management with client development, client liaison and proposals.
- Continue to develop design processes and best practice within the team - proactively developing solutions to creative challenges, sharing work, best practices and communicating the success of the team.
- Take the lead in problem solving and issue resolution.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience in digital design and proven experience managing a team.
- Excellent digital design capability, understanding and executing user experience, visual design, research and strategy
- Agency and pitch experience
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A positive and inspiring attitude who is a proactive problem solver.
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Profit share scheme.
- Bike to Work scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- A lively, social and collaborative working environment.
- The chance to do great work for some of the world’s best-known clients.
- The chance to work with a talented team producing industry leading digital solutions.
- An unrivalled opportunity to develop your portfolio.