Our UX team began the project with an in-depth discovery phase which included mapping out the user journey and touchpoints. It was clear from the research that the concept needed to be simple and memorable with impactful creative and a multi-media, integrated approach, to maximise reach and engagement. We centred the ‘Shape Up 4 Surgery’ campaign around the word ‘PLAN’ which highlighted the 4 key areas to focus on in the weeks leading up to an operation.:
- Physical - exercise & movement
- Lifestyle - eating and wellbeing
- Awareness - smoking & drinking
- Next Steps - preparing for surgery
Accessibility was an essential factor so our creative team designed the campaign to be soft and approachable, incorporating hand drawn typography, inclusive character illustrations and multi-use graphics to convey the messaging.
To ensure maximum impact we implemented a fully integrated multi media campaign including:
- A new ‘Shape Up 4 Surgery’ microsite.
- An animated video to visually demonstrate the surgical journey.
- A promotional van wrap, for Trust delivery vans.
- Bus vinyls promoting the 'PLAN'
- A digital advert promoting ‘PLAN’ for use in Millenium Square in Leeds and across the City.
- A printed postcard for patients to sign up to, promoting PLAN benefits.
- Targeted social media ad campaigns across Facebook and Instagram.
- Social media templates, video snippets, profile pictures and banners for use by the LTHT team.